Sennhesier and Apogee have teamed together to launch ClipMic digital and MKE 2 digital, a pair of clip-on microphones designed for iOS – iPhone, iPad and iPod touch that offer digital recording and enhanced sound quality over similar traditional analog mics.
“We are proud to launch the first digital clip-on microphones designed to connect directly to your iPhone,” says Betty Bennett, Co-Founder and CEO of Apogee Electronics. .
More than just a direct connect with their 1.6m cable through the devices Lightning connector, capturing the enhanced audio will add a new dimension to your videos, according to Wolfgang Fraissinet, Director Audio Recording at Sennheiser. “Speech intelligibility will increase tremendously – and will retain this quality when the speaker is moving. The fact that we feed the mobile device with a professionally converted digital signal results in the best possible sound quality,” says Fraissinet. Read more…at Canoe Tech Blog.
Now anyone can make high-quality stereo recordings while on the move: Introducing iRig Mic Field by IK Multimedia, the pocket-sized digital stereo microphone for Apple’s range of Lightning-compatible iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices.
Designed to be used for both video and audio recordings, it features a patent-pending rotatable enclosure that you can easily position for the best stereo image in both landscape and portrait orientations. Now you can capture pristine sound no matter whether you’re recording a rehearsal or a concert, capturing audio for videography, acquiring audio for a music project, recording instruments while on the move, saving a lecture or speech or creating your next viral video hit — iRig Mic Field lets you create accurate and faithful field recordings in any imaginable context.
- Digital stereo field-recording mic that connects to iOS devices via the Lightning port
- Lightweight and pocketable design
- Rotates 90° for optimal audio/video positioning and locks in place with comfortable to use controls
- Great for music recording, video shoots or any field recording application
- Integrated headphone output for immediate real-time audio monitoring
- Gain control and multicolor LED indicator for easy and accurate level adjustion
- 2 high-quality cardioid electret condenser capsules
- 24-bit, 44.1 – 48 kHz A/D conversion
- Elegant design with black finish
The iRig Mic Field retails for $99.99 US. It’s available on pre-order and is expected to be shipping in October.
via IK Multimedia
The death of audio has once again been exaggerated. Olympus Canada Inc. has added yet another model, the Olympus LS-7 Linear PCM Recorder to its line of sleek shiny metal Linear PCM recorders that give users the ability to get better than CD quality sound in a pocket-sized hand-held device.
Read more… AT CANOE TECH BLOG